In this day and age, laptops are an essential, everyday tool used by many. As a matter of fact, there were 222.5 million laptops shipped in 2020.
Since laptops are exceptionally expensive electronic devices, and nobody wants a broken package, you will want to make sure that your package is securely wrapped.
Are you looking to ship a laptop, but you’re unsure where to begin? You will probably feel even more perplexed if you’re shipping overseas.
Well, you have nothing to worry about, as you’re on the right page! We will provide you with all the details you need to ship a laptop safely and securely, and without any hassle.
Ready? Let’s dive in!
How do you pack a laptop for shipping?
When shipping fragile items, proper packing is important. In this case, a laptop would fall into the fragile category.
It would be a pity if your laptop was ruined in any other way. It is wise to adequately prepare your laptop well for transportation.
There are two methods of packaging a laptop for shipping. If you still have the original packaging of the laptop, you can make use of it.
Then, you can add additional strengthening like the best gaming laptop backpack, which is designed to protect your laptop, and did we mention weatherproof?
The second approach is to pack a laptop from scratch.
Packing With Its Original Packaging
- Check the packaging to see if there is any damage.
- If necessary, you can strengthen the packaging with the use of tape.
- Put it in a bigger box.
- Use cushioning materials to fill in the empty space around the original packaging and on top of it.
- You can finish it off by sealing the lid and labelling your parcel properly.
If you didn’t keep the original packaging, don’t worry. You can prepare your laptop for shipping with new packing materials.
Packing With New Materials
- Check the laptop to make sure it’s dust-free and that there is no moisture on the surface.
- To protect the screen and the keyboard, place a thin protective layer in between them when the laptop is closed.
- For this task, bubble wrap or foam will work best.
- The laptop should be packed in bubble wrap. Make sure the bubbles are facing the laptop. Two layers of bubble wrap taped together will ensure your laptop’s safety.
- The accessories should be folded separately from the laptop.
- To ensure the laptop arrives safely, choose a box that’s a little bigger than the laptop. You can choose between a corrugated cardboard box or a specially designed padded box intended for shipping breakable items.
- Place the wrapped laptop in the box. The extra space should be filled with cushioning materials. Also, consider using foam wrap to keep the device from jolting inside the box.
- Shake the box a little to make sure the insides are stable and secure. If everything’s A-OK, it’s time to seal the package and label it.
How do you safely ship a laptop?
When you are shipping a laptop, you should take several things into consideration–the right packing, a good shipping company, and insurance.
With these aspects taken into consideration, you can be certain that your device will be delivered safely.
It can sometimes be difficult to decide on the courier that best meets your needs. You could easily be tempted by lower shipping fees. If you want to safely transport a laptop, you should not make the shipping cost your key determinant.
When choosing a parcel delivery company, be sure to take into consideration the benefits they are offering as well as other tips for choosing the best company.
It’s also a good idea to get insurance for your parcel when you ship laptops internationally. Sending electronic devices overseas is a big risk because they are valuable items. Your package insurance will help reduce that risk.
How much is the cost to ship a laptop?
The cost of international parcel shipping depends on a few things. Shipping laptops overseas is not different.
The cost is based on the weight as well as the size of your package, the shipping method, whether it’s express or economy, and the destination.
Is there anything important to remember when shipping a laptop internationally?
If you are shipping laptops internationally, make sure you know the shipping rules and regulations of your destination country. Sending gadgets that contain lithium batteries may be banned or restricted in some countries.
You may also be asked for additional documents and label your parcel differently regulated by the country you’re shipping the laptop to.
International package shipping is not easy to navigate. The challenge increases, even more, when it comes to shipping laptops.
By following these guides step-by-step, you can overcome the baffling task of shipping fragile items, especially those of high value!